About Me

My photo
California, United States
Married mother of 5 beautiful Children. I've been creating/crafting since I was a little girl. Usually in my studio handcrafting til wee hours of the night and I love it!

About This Blog

This is the place where I can share my thoughts, dreams, and my talents. Please feel free to look around.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Don't Think I Like It

I was excited to here that Vogue Knitting Magazine was coming to the iPad, so excited that bought it. A magazine that I have had a subscription to in the past was becoming mobile... A huge space saver right???. Patterns right there in your purse or knitting bag anytime you want, right??? The app from iTunes is free and magazine downloads are only $4.99. Once I downloaded the magazine I quickly noticed that certain pages would not open. I waited for the thinking circle thing to finish circling but had no luck. I thought to myself.. I Don't Think I Like It. No matter how many times I came back to the magazine, or how long I waited for the circle... page 2 ( along with a few others) would not open. Will I ever know what is on that page Grrhhh! I guess I could just buy it from the store but then that defeats the purpose of the above mentioned perks. So I waisted $4.99 I wasn't going to download the next issue. Until..... Until there was an update for the app about a month later. After updating the app works GREAT and I did download the newest issue :) You never know with apps if they are worth it the consumer takes the risk. I'm just glad that Vogue Knitting worked out the kinks. They even fixed the printing problem that other customers had complaints about.

Quick chevron scarf update: I made a little progress and here are the pix, hope you like them. The yarn is from Blue Moon Fiber Arts : Socks that Rock Medium weight.
Two colors are used alternating every two rows with Watermelon Tourmaline and Farmhouse. I am using size 5 straight Brittney Birch needles.
Until next time, Thanks for stopping by
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got the app to start working and you could enjoy your magazine.

    LOVE your scarf! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I have that scarf hand made by yours truly (:

    ReplyDelete